Friday, May 8, 2009

Spring Aspirations.

By August will be spring expirations or perspirations.

It happens every year: spring comes and I get so excited to garden and get animals, and...to start all kinds of projects.
So far this spring we've become the proud new owners of a newborn red Holstein bull calf, (yep, one of the next projects-turning it into a steer) owners of a cat- a good mouser, and 26 new baby chicks. Oh, and we bought a new Honda. The calf will be joined by one more, as it is best to raise at least two, they are a herding animal. It is bottle fed twice a day.

The Honda? No, it's not a car. It is a small 4 cycle rototiller for our new "bigger" garden. Which has been fenced in and partially planted.

Have we begun enough projects yet? We'll start the house project in June.
I also went to softball practice with the church ladies last week, but I have decided I better not commit to that this summer too. It would be a huge learning curve, as I have never played softball before. Though it would be fun. And I have been really hankering for some baby pigs, but realistically I should pass on that this year also.

Plus, I would like to do more running, biking and also take out my kayak this summer. With all these new projects, I haven't had much time to exercise this past week.

I heard gas prices are supposed to go up for the summer, so I figure that it will be good to stay home and take care of all our animals and gardens this summer. HaHa. Remind me of that in August...

Oh, and my USB cable is acting up, so I gotta find my other one so I can upload photos of all this stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are on your way to being full fledged farmers. It is fun to have to have projects.

Jill - A Farmer's Wife said...

Hope your new bull calves grow nice and big. They should. They came from the best farm around! ;)