Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Garden step 2.

Remember last fall I showed you pictures of the new garden spot being plowed up? Well, yesterday Ron put in posts for the fence around the garden. We are putting up a fence to keep chickens out (so they don't eat all the freshly planted seeds) and to keep rabbits out as well.
The kids had already claimed the spot as their newest construction site. You might notice that the girls dress themselves. I like to foster independence.
The fence posts are ones that we picked up from the dump a few years ago. I like the way they look and their pointed ends.
Here is my man at work...
Meanwhile I was taking care of this stinky spring job: cleaning out the coop.

3 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

i think the fence posts look like huge pencils!

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's what I need. Fence posts! Good job 'Ron the man'
nice pictures.
AJP

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the indepenence, we have that and a few nice outfits here as well. :) We thankfully haven't had an issue with chickens or animals in our garden (yet). Is that your garage in the picture with the coop? Love both.