I am sure every household has their favorite phrases. As my children grow, I am hearing different favorite phrases. They really illustrate what stage they are at. Here is what I am hearing:
Sadie's favorite phrase of late- "No Duh..." You can almost hear the eyes roll in that one, can't you? She's not quite old enough to accompany it with eye rolling, but you do get the picture that she is far more intelligent than any of the rest of us around here.
Sam says "You funny." Like when I make a face at him or tease him. Or when he doesn't quite get the joke. Usually it is said in a good way.
Ted? Ted is in this stage- his favorite word right now is "Buttcrack." As in "That smells like buttcrack" or "looks like buttcrack." Even just the word "buttcrack" sends his older siblings wailing "Moooommmmmm" and gets the reaction he is looking for.
And the twins are two. Their favorite word right now is "NO." That's pretty self explanatory.
Unfortunately, Ron's most used word around home is "s*#t" with various intonations. You can imagine that scenario.
Me? I don't really hear myself. It might be "Oh, dear..." or "that's enough already!" It could be "uh huh" or "good job." Not sure. Hope it is not too bad.
What do you hear?
6 comments:
sonja: "MO_OM!" (as in, 'how can you be so dumb/lame')
corey: "what??" (the boy never hears a thing)
logan: "i love you!" (best ever)
and "what the...?!"
darrel: "hmmm?" (said absentmindedly)
me: "get out!" "sure,sure" "good job" and..... "stupid bloody crap" (sigh)
ann b.
suvi: mum mum mum, aaah-daa
theo: mommy, what dis, what is dis?
mommy: shh. okay, okay. excellent behaviour! c'mon guys.
habtamu: no no no & stop stop
eric: "Goosshh" with the eyes rolling
jacob: any noise that is a sound effect for guys fighting/flying/kicking
sarah: "I call..." (as in sit by eva, sit by mom, clear the table, ANYTHING)
tommy: "can i call jake?"
emma: "i want ta"
eva: "ga ga ga"
mom: "the bus isn't going to wait for you"
dad: "no"
Not much to hear around here until the grandkids show up ( except the radio playing MUCH too loudly).
Oliver "Nanna, you comin'??
Elsa 'ammy - her dog is Sammy all dogs must be Sammy.
Sorry, I forgot to add my name to the previous comment!
Patti I.
Nikayda: I can't think of any phrases off-hand. She's always silent with her nose in a book (even while walking up the driveway after school), or reading out loud to her brothers.
Aapo: Mom, what letter is this? What number is this?
Carter: NO!!! (To everything I tell him. He's going through a sassy phase.)
Post a Comment