Last Saturday evening, Andrea and I went to a storytelling event in a nearby town. It was interesting to hear different storytellers spin their stories- the different styles. This man told about a dog or two they had on the farm. I kept wondering how he was going tie it all together, but sure enough, he did. And in the meantime, he had me laughing, groaning and just about crying. I think the event as a whole would be better in a different type of venue than where it was-like a smoky bar or a cozy stage. It was held in a somewhat sterile small event center.About the sketch: his legs in real life are longer than in the sketch above. I think I got somewhat of a likeness in the face though. I was trying to capture how he stood- with his weight on one leg, and how that translates into the upper body posture. It was really hard because of the pants- you can't see the muscle structure, only the way the pants crease. That is why we drew nude models in college.
I felt this little 2 second thumbnail caught it better, and got the proportions of his body better, but that leg is kinda flailing too far out there.
1 comment:
love the energy in in the thumbnail--flailing leg and all!
Post a Comment