Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spring.

I have a broody hen sitting on eggs in the coop. Another week and a half and the first eggs should hatch. I have tried candling them with a flashlight at night- I did see some dark blobs in some of the eggs.

Took out the bike tonight. I had forgotten how awesome a bike ride can be. Can pull me out of an exercise funk, hopefully. Better than taking a nap, which is what I did the last two evenings.

Stopped at the park. Ice is off! Feels good to see open water.

Seedlings are up in the cold frame.

Flew kites at work today. Hilma laughed and laughed as we worked to get them off the ground. The other ladies enjoyed it too.

Snow on Saturday? Supposed to be cold for sure.

I started something last fall. The kids and I picked up cans and other garbage out of the ditches. Now Ron has the bug- he has been going with the four-wheeler and picking up cans and garbage as the snow uncovers the ditches. Amazing how much litter builds up. I think the kids are learning about keeping their environment clean at least.

The neighbors' cat had kittens. But Shhhh! We aren't telling the boys or twins yet. It is Sadie's secret.

Happy Spring to you.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Happy Spring to you too, Jan. I had to comment...our Gabe really took the Earth Day stuff from school to heart. Today he was singing a little song about it and on a walk to the park he picked up pop bottles to recycle....brought them to the park and back home and collected some other garbage along the way....my little environmentalist....I wonder how long it will last (Sigh).

A bike ride sounds good....I didn't ride at all last summer because of pregnancy and fall because of the move....I looking forward to getting them out!