Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It floats the boat.

Today the boys and twins and I walked down to the neighbors' creek to float boats.
The stocking caps are cast aside- time for summer head wear. We call these "Duey caps," as my brother has worn them for years. Protects the neck from sun.
Sam kept commenting about the current. He must have learned about current in school lately.
This creek was a part of my childhood springtimes. I once tried to float down it in a plastic baby bathtub. I didn't get too far. We (me and sibs) caught minnows in this "crick" too.

BTW: Ron found the first woodtick of the season on Lilah's head just now.

4 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

Fun springtime! Minus the ticks

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

Ack! We've been clearing brush and I've been 'waiting' for the ticks. Not looking forward to the daily checks, even if I'm a lot less afraid of them this year. (I think.)

Anonymous said...

That's funny that you guys call the hats Duey hats too. I thought it was just something our family made up. I wore a camo Duey doing chores for years. Turned up brim in the back, down in the front. I loved that hat, although I don't know what happened to it.

Anne H said...

I was going to say, Shhhhhhh, don't tell Jen but I see I'm too late!:)(about the tick)