Friday, January 16, 2009

Sounds of home.

I was looking through Sadie's school papers this morning and found an interesting one. It is titled "Sound Search" and the student was to write down all the sounds that they hear.

I knew Sadie was writing down sounds she heard the other day while I was making supper. I really wondered what kind of treat the teacher was in for when she asked me how to spell "whine." The teacher was probably left wondering about our household.

Here is her list, in her own spelling:

  • pounding
  • drinking
  • whining
  • juic poring
  • spachala
  • towelit flushing
  • fan
  • macking car nosis
  • water
  • wind
  • throwing
  • car noise
  • laghing
  • vacum clener
  • scolding
  • screming
  • washer
  • timer beeping
  • raido
  • dishis clinking
  • pencels
  • erasrs
  • talking
  • tiking
  • toys crashing
  • crying
  • doors shuting
  • kechup squrting
  • fon call

Now you can wonder too : )

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...sound a little like my house!

Yvonne said...

love the assignment! clever. keep that for the record books Jan, in fact that would make a good book, maybe a picture to go with each word. do it.

Cheryl said...

love the ketchup squirting!

ethiopifinn said...

love the progression!
Be careful little ears what your hear!:)

Elizabeth Halt said...

giggling over here .. definitely a keeper of a list

Sue said...

that sounds like it could have been my house.

Anonymous said...

I love her list. It's definitely a keepsake! That's a cool assignment.