It was -30 degrees this morning. School was two hours late. I have had the flu and sore throat, and the kids have had various ailments as well.I have been dreaming about spring and summer lately- and this seed catalog has been fodder for those dreams. I took it from the neighbors just to drool over.
I admit. Dreaming with a seed catalog is a new phenomenon for me. But all the stuff looks so luscious, I can almost smell it. I think about summer- how it smells, feels, sounds- I was exercising my mind this way as I lay in bed, resting.
The real big dream I have thinking about for spring and summer is that Ron and I are thinking of getting a couple of piglets to raise up for pork. Yep- we want to add a couple of hogs to our life. I have started to do some research on what to feed them and more importantly, how to contain them. What type of fencing, etc. I am getting really excited about pigs- it will be educational experience. Just this morning Ted asked we when we are going to get our pigs.
So hopefully my delusions of summer will at least get me through this cold snap!
3 comments:
I am missing summer, too!
mmmmm .. those photos do look yummy!
Hey, whatever delusions it takes to keep you from going completely delusional:) Summer sounds exceptionally wonderful right now. Mosquitoes and all.
Post a Comment