Saturday, January 31, 2009

Me.

It was brought to my attention that I never have pictures of myself or Ron on here. I didn't realize it was a problem : ) Mostly it is because I am the one taking photos.

As I may have mentioned before, I don't enjoy seeing many photos of myself because it really emphasizes my facial paralysis leftover from Bell's Palsy. I try not to smile for photos, as then it is really evident- I think it makes me look like I am sneering or something. I realize it is not so noticeable in real life, as a face is constantly moving- a photo catches it and holds it. I have been meaning to post a whole post about this, but that's for another day.

I did have Ted (age 5) take a picture of me the other day. Here it is, with my edits:

5 comments:

Lorz said...

Now I can put a face to the name- and I even recognize you! :D

ethiopifinn said...

i'm curious about the edits! I'll wait for the book, so i can read the editors notes!

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Ted had nice composition! Really draws attention to the subject :) Hey sometime can I take "glamour shots" for you? Wouldn't that be fun!? I'm serious if you are!
~Later, Jen

Elizabeth Halt said...

I love Ted's shot. It's the kind of artsy self-portrait (wait - I guess it's not a self-portrait unless you take it yourself?) that I like. :)


Now that I can see you, I feel like I should wave.

*waves*

MindiJo said...

You mentioned before that you were going to do a post on Bell's Palsy and you haven't so far. I've been patiently waiting. I want to learn about it. It's one of those things that fascinates me because I don't know that much about it. I could google it, I suppose. But I thought you'd be more interesting.