Monday, January 5, 2009

The relatives came.


Maybe some of you are familiar with the children's book titled The Relatives Came. That is the reference I am making in the title of this post. Ron's brother, wife and children came to stay with us. They were here four nights. I loved it- family hanging around together: visiting, playing, eating and breathing together. It was a vacation for us in our own home. We disregarded our normal routines and chores. We relaxed and took sauna. And visited.

It snowed. We went snowshoeing, skiing, sledding and made forts.

What a way to bring in the new year!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

I'm glad you had a good visit!

Love that second photo - feet/face. :)

MindiJo said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful.

Aleena said...

It's so nice getting company! Happy New Year!

Sharyn said...

love this post and pictures! Happy New Year! May all your dreams about me be pleasant. LOL (I'm behind on emails, but got a chuckle from that one!)