Thursday, January 8, 2009

My favorite store.

Here are some photos from one of my favorite stores, our local farm and fleet store. You can get anything you need from this store; from work boots to chicken feed, toilet seats to toys. Chainsaws. Lawnmowers. This is where we buy our chicks in the spring. Groceries is about all you can't get, unless you count beef jerkey and candy.

The photos I have here are some of my favorites- what I think of as "raw materials"- stuff you can use to make other stuff or to fix what you have. Like I said in an earlier post, there is so much potential. Even the smell speaks potential...ever smelled bungee cords? I was sniffin' them when I went down that aisle. Plus, it is so visual- raw materials don't come in packages usually.


I was trying to be a bit sneaky about taking photos, I didn't know if they appreciate customers taking photos of their products, so some of these photos aren't the best quality.
See, isn't this much funner than Gap or something? I'll take Carhartts any day!
Just think what you could do with rope! See what I mean about potential? About the only store that competes with this is a good thrift store! LOL!

6 comments:

Anna said...

And, around here, it's known as the 'fashion capitol of the world.' I enjoy that place as well!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about Home Depot. The smell, the ideas, project supplies.....We have a Home Depot in our town but no Farm and Fleet. We do have a TSC (Tractor Supply Co)but I don't think it's the same as your Farm and Fleet.

Anonymous said...

Its a favorite store when we're "summering" up north in WI, and city-daughter gave me a chuckle in October when she said, "I found the Greatest store, but we have to drive a-ways--near Stillwater"..soon we pulled into a Farm & Fleet!
CAM

Lois said...

LOVE IT!

MindiJo said...

I love Hobby Lobby in the very same way. And I'm the girly-girl who loves the newest fashions. But I have to admit: Hobby Lobby is fun. It makes me happy happy happy.

Anonymous said...

Makes me lonesome! We always would go to see the chicks in the spring and i loved that they even sold shovels like the yoopers use!