

Here is a few bluebird sketches for you Mindi! I left the pencil markings that I initially sketched on there, so you all can see how a sketch evolves. As I draw I can feel when something is not in proportion or the curve is wrong, and I keep scratching away until it feels right.
I enjoy talking about my process of drawing, I hope you don't mind reading about it.
10 comments:
And BTW Mindi, these aren't too whimsical, I didn't get that far this morning!
LOL. The saw the birds before I read your title or post and I though, "ooh, Mindi!" :)
btw, I can't believe you would feel shy to come talk to me at the wedding. I mean, I'M the shy one! Next time for sure! :)
"I saw", not "the saw", and "thought", not "though". PROOF READ, Laura! :P
Keep the drawings coming...I'm envious of anyone that can draw. My oldest is quite talented at drawing but it's nothing I can take credit for...shucks!
Thank you, you are sweet. And I'm going to use them. For sure. Thank you thank you thank you!
I don't think I ever told you: I love love love the picture of your son (?) doodling. Way too precious. He just looks so absorbed and adorable.
I love them. I saw a bluebird this morning. It fluttered up into the pine tree as Atlas ran past. The blue just pops out at you. :)
Jan, love the sketches! you have groos perspective- a good hand! I have n't done much "creating" lately except behind the camera and in the "digital darkroom". Once upon a time I used to draw!. . . 10 years ago in high school. Can't wait to see Doodle IIII.
Jan, I am totally impressed with your talent! I can't draw a stick figure! The couch is awesome!
PS Mindi meant "daughter". That is one of the twinners drawing I'm pretty sure! Love that picture also.
Jan, I love that you're sharing your work. It's so inspiring!
Post a Comment