Friday, September 19, 2008

Ted is 5.

Ted turned 5 a couple of days ago. I picked up some boys his age and took them to the bakery and let them each pick out a doughnut or roll. This was my alternate to a birthday cake. Then we went to the park and played. To entertain them, I climbed up on the highest point of the playground equipment and let them try bean me with pine cones. All in the name of keeping the kids busy...

This is a doctored-up picture that Ron took the other night. I feel like this represents some of the better moments of being a mom: having all my kids gathered around, sharing a story and the love of reading with them. It's kinda crowded, and I like that too.

Have a good weekend.

3 comments:

Sharyn said...

Happy 5, Ted! That's one whole hand!!

And I love the storytime photo!!! Totally a framer!

Elizabeth Halt said...

Happy birthday to Ted!

That really is a great photo, one to treasure.


Last summer, I went to the farm to visit my brothers/cousins. They were taking turns riding on the 4-wheeler while everyone else tried to hit them with apples. I was afraid, so I admire your pine cone bravery. :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Ted... love the story photo.. those are my favorite kinds...