Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Copperman 2008

Here are the triathlon pictures I promised. My friend Ann took these photos and then mailed them to me on a disk. (Thanks again, Ann!)

Here is the "Three Mommas" (our team's name) and my sis Julie. L to R- Julie, me, Heidi, and Nora. (Someday I will post about my Bell's Palsy.) Between the four of us we have 22 kids. It seems amazing we found the time to train for this thing!

Julie's exiting the water, giving a high five to some unknown fellow. Notice the grin on her face!

And here Heidi is strapping the timing chip on my ankle after her swim- I am ready to take off on my bike.
Nora is coming in from the 5 mile run. We were all so glad that we had committed to doing this.

My goal of biking in this triathlon this summer kept me exercising all spring and summer. I have started to form an exercise "habit" which makes me feel really good. I hope to continue on with exercise, hopefully for the rest of my life. I am thinking it would be awesome to do a whole triathlon by myself next summer- maybe a shorter one than the Copperman, though. I want to brush up on my swimming technique this winter- I am hoping to get to a pool now and then. This race was a good example to me about having goals and dreams, and that one can achieve them, with some sweat and training : ) I also lost 22 lbs before the triathlon- my goal was 20- so I feel like a winner in that department!

6 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

awesome! looks like you all enjoyed it!

MindiJo said...

Congratulations! On the triathlon and losing the weight + 2lbs! I've never done a triathlon.

ethiopifinn said...

you rock.

Anonymous said...

that looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

That's gotta feel good. Glad you guys had fun!

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed and proud of all of you! Great effort!
Carol