Friday, August 22, 2008

Sweet spot of summer.

Another shot of Wazee Lake.

Well, I think these middle weeks of August are the sweet spot of summer. It is warm- the earth is thoroughly warm, and all the plants are mature. The leaves rustle in a certain way that says they are getting dried out, ready to turning color in a few weeks. And I know summer is coming to an end, but it is not over yet. The stars are bright and I still need to go look for the August meteor showers. Part of me wants to hang on tight to summer, though I know I can't- and my mind is starting to turn to fall, school, harvesting apples and cool days. I can't stop the seasons, thank goodness!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot! Beautiful place! Shall have to find it on the map, the sand looks wonderful in your other shots.
C.