
Lots of time was dedicated to cooking and cleaning up. It takes a lot more time to cook when you have to get the fire going first.
Here is Sam in his overalls. Ted and Sam really enjoyed Laura days too.
Besides cooking, Meg had projects for the kids to try. We made butter (all the while chanting "come butter come..." a chant that the real Laura used to sing.) We attempted to make ice cream, which turned out more like chilly cream, and we made candles.
I really like this picture. In the low light in the cabin, Sophie's arms blurred as she was kneading the biscuit dough.
Here is the crew at the end. Minus Nora and her kids. (She was there on Thursday.) We all posed somber, as that's how we'd look if it actually took 15 minutes or more to take the photo like it did back then. Notice all the bare feet. I barefoot too, as we had to save our shoes for the winter : ) And the daisy chains. One thing that Julie and I really missed was our watches. We are such a "time-oriented" society.
All in all, it was a good experience. Makes one appreciate the lives of the settlers and all their hard work!
8 comments:
this is so cool, Jan- the kids are going to remember this forever!
That is so awesome...what an experience!
thats awesome! once again, im in awe of the salmen creativity! karen
seriously - I am in awe of your creativity! I thought you were heading to SD but this, this was even better! How did you get the idea for it?
Gosh Jan....I'm kind a glad I don't live near you....I feel like a failure in the "mother" department! Man, the energy and creativity you ladies have. I really think it's awesome. I can see years from now our kids talking about their childhood. My kids would be saying, "I remember one time my Mom took us to the school to play on the playground" Your kids would say......well you know what THEY would say! This from a lady that has absolutely NO creativity! Thanks for sharing with us.
I wish I was related to you girls! You always do the most creative, fun things. What a *cool* experience. You guys are making so many awesome memories!
Great pictures!
IT LOOKS AUTHENTIC!
So, so jealous! That is super neat!
Good job on the run! I was impressed. Did they get your time right in the paper? Mine was wrong, as was a few others.
Post a Comment