Thursday, February 14, 2013

Swimming in snow.

I took this photo of Olivia crawling through the fresh snow from my upstairs window. The boys developed a technique they thought was really cool- "swimming" through the snow- across the field. They said they could stay on top when they swam. Otherwise, it's pretty tough to walk through waist high snow.

Besides snow, I resigned from my reporter job. For a few reasons. Mainly, I was expending a lot of energy on the job outside of hours I reported working- it would reside at the back of mind all the time. Also, the evening meetings, Saturday assignments, etc. were getting in the way of our family life, especially since Ron has to work evenings some, and every other weekend.

My first order of operation next week will be clean off my desk.

It has been sort of hard though, even a bit painful, when people tell me how much they enjoyed my columns. Everyone seems to have a favorite. It feels so good when someone expresses how much they could relate to my writing. I will miss that opportunity, but I am trying to brainstorm/search for a way to continue writing for this audience.

4 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

shoot. a season for everything, tho.
but, shoot.

and i love that snow swimming is an option for the kids. you couldn't PAY me enough to do it. well, maybe. they crack me up!

Yvonne said...

the best to you Jan!

Becca said...

You and our boys might enjoy this...I know we laughed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJMWkdTZW-U

Sorry to hear you won't be reporting anymore. Glad to hear your listening to yourself and what works best for you.

Anonymous said...

whoa! I need to catch up on the news here....sorry to hear this. Hope something more wonderful is coming your way soon!
~ann b.