For those of you who read the column I posted earlier, here is a Letter to the Editor the newspaper received this week. I am so happy Connie had a chance to get my thank you.
To the Editor:
I read Jan Jackola's column about "Hugs" in last week’s Northwoods Press. I'm Connie, and want to thank her for remembering me and my "hugs!"
It is always so great to know that you made a difference in someone's life, even if you weren't aware of it. I loved being in 4-H, and think I had more fun than the kids did. We had a great bunch of kids and leaders in the late 1980s!
Yes, I did leave the area to go to Alaska, and I came back to our Nevis home in 2000. I'm retired now, but think about my "kids" a lot. I am friends with some of them on Facebook so I can keep up with their lives. Thank you, Jan, for choosing me as the subject of your "Thank You!" You brought tears to my eyes.
Connie
6 comments:
Wow. Wonderful story. I so enjoyed the column, but don't remembering commenting. This response is the frosting on the cake. Makes us all think.....who would be OUR person? Good that you shared.
Very cool!
So neat!
wow!! how awesome is this??
~ann b.
Oh, my throat got a little lump there for a minute.
So neat, Jan!
Post a Comment