Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sweet Valley flashback.

Remember Sweet Valley High books? With Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield? That paperback series we read back then?

I was at the library last week, and on the new acquisitions shelf was an adult sequel.
Titled Sweet Valley Confidential: The Sweet Life, and by Francine Pascal, the very same woman who wrote all the Sweet Valley High books. The book contains six serialized episodes in one volume.

It takes place when the twins are 30- in the midst of careers, children (okay, child) and marital issues.
I would give the book three stars out of five- and that's mostly riding on nostalgia.

I actually didn't read, or collect, too many Sweet Valley High books- they were too sappy and melodramatic for my taste. This novel is similar: the same tan, blonde, fluffy stuff, but at an adult level.

If you were a Sweet Valley fan, by all means, read this book. It's a great way to harken back to your preteen years.


1 comment:

MindiJo said...

Ha! I might have to.