Don't you just love it when seemingly random aspects of you life come together, overlap, or run parallel?
Me too.
Yesterday I was at a conference for one role in my life, but some of information presented overlapped with information I am learning somewhere else in my life, and thirdly, overlapped further with stuff I did a year or two ago. How's that for strengthening the big picture?
Maybe it's just that the particular research is relatively new, so it's "the new thing" that gets presented, but to me it says that my seemingly fragmented life/jobs/interests are not so far apart from each other.
The conference I attended was called "Helping children and families thrive". It outlined brain development and how adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) affect the development of a child's brain.
It gives insight on why humans sometimes behave certain ways.
There was also information presented on positive psychology, emotional intelligence, and mindfulness, all information that has been introduced in my Leadership Academy and in other areas of my life.
And did you know- brains naturally look for negatives? Humans are born as either positive or negative- our brains start out trying to protect themselves from danger. Positivity is learned.
I am fascinated with all this, and how to apply it on both a personal level and societal level.
The good news is Emotional Intelligence can be developed, and the brain can heal from those adverse experiences, with time and hard work.
We can't change our IQ, but we can build our EQ (emotional quotient).
4 comments:
i love this kind of overlap, and EQ is so interesting...
go girl.
hence "the fighting optimist".
So interesting. I love that. Tell us more.
I am one to get really annoyed by negativity. I won't lie. I hate it when people always see the bad before the good. That's a total bummer to me that it is normal. Or natural. Huh.
You're in my territory, used to teach this! Its sooo interesting.
Post a Comment