My eldest daughter got on the school bus with her duffel bag and sleeping bag in tow.
She is going on her (first) overnight class trip to Deep Portage, an environmental learning center, for two nights. All you locals probably have memories (share please!) of trips to Deep Portage in 5th grade.
This is the benefit of a small school. They can go overnight on trips. Back when I was in 5th grade, I went to Deep Portage for the day, but we had2-3x as many students, as I went to school in a neighboring town.
We won't see Sadie until Wednesday. She has been gone overnight before, but not during the school week.
We might miss her!
2 comments:
We did something similar in 6th grade. I remember that I felt so grown up! Hope she has a great time!
I went to the same place as Krista. Before her, of course. It was so much fun. And it did feel grown up. And we got to spend all that time with our friends from school.
My favorite part was the staff. They made it really fun. And they had really good food, too.
One night, we went out and howled to the moon like a wolf. We had been learning about wolves that day. As if we'd ever be able to lure one in!
Post a Comment