Today I went back to bed after getting the kids off to school.
Then I got up and had coffee and talked and talked and talked on the phone.
I realized then, that I was making up for the last two day where I sat in meetings and listened and listened and took notes and listened and kept my mouth shut, because that's my job.
Yesterday I crashed a meeting- I was the only one in the room of 30 plus folks that didn't get a name placard in front of me. The president of the bank next to me generously offered to share his name placard with me...
I kinda figured it was a note of distinction to not get a name placard- it really meant I wasn't invited, but that's okay, I didn't take it personal. I actually mentally patted myself on the back for showing up to report on the event, without invitation. Our competing paper got a placard. I just had to share the bank president's : )
I got chewed out last week for reporting that a man shouted. According to him, he only "raised his voice." In my head later, I retorted, "I should have taken a photo, so I could show how red your face was." Thought bubbles are fun.
My boss told me (in regards to this man) "not to get in a pissing match with a skunk."
Point taken. I won't mention him again. Kinda takes away his voice.
Now I am ready for a good nap.
2 comments:
I like your take on reporting- sounds interesting.
"pissing match with a skunk" is HI-larious!
~ann b.
Post a Comment