Sunday, June 26, 2011

Go Commando!

I did it- I ran the Go Commando Adventure race on Saturday. I did run the whole way and made it through the challenges- and it was challenging for me- but it felt like a great accomplishment when I finished. And we got muddy and wet! That was fun! And I didn't stop and walk up the bigggg hill...

Days before the race, I thought to myself about how it would be an "I can do it" event for me. I have been through some rougher stuff this winter/spring mentally and had not been exercising or training like I had hoped to. I decided not to stress about not having trained and if I had to walk or skip a challenge I would- I was going to celebrate what I could do. Just the fact that I could be there physically and mentally was worth cheering about. That really washed away the stress for me.

The icing on the cake was that I was going by myself for a weekend away, and even better was that I got to run it with my friend, Ann, and another friend Lynn. Ann and I go way back from my single days in the cities. We have that kind of history together. It kind of felt like a flashback to my single days. It was really a "me for myself" event. I needed it.

I came home tonight feeling refreshed.

And Sadie wanted to go for a run, so we did 2 miles. I am inspired to run some more races this summer, which means I'll keep running. If I am inspired to do that it was surely a success!

8 comments:

Julie said...

You did it? Yay! Way to go. I hope you snapped a pic or two and if so, I'm sure you're dying to share them with us. :)

Sharyn said...

awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Good Job! That race looked so fun! I will have to do it next summer!
Meg

Anonymous said...

i still can't find any of us on the website....poop! i'll keep looking!
~ann b.

Yvonne said...

way to go!!

Jan said...

thanks ladies!
I tried last night too, Ann- I even checked you tube. Let me know if you see us : )

Anna said...

Yay! Congrats on finishing to both of you!

Becca said...

Yay for you, Ann and Lynn!