Jared, the Subway Guy: Winning Through Losing: 13 Lessons for Turning Your Life Around
by Jared Fogle.This is not a diet book, nor a plug for Subway. This book was a really inspiring (easy) read about someone who made major life changes. He is very realistic and explains why Subway worked for him. He doesn't expect Subway to be your solution- you must find your own solutions for changing any kind of addictive behavior; eating, gambling, drinking, etc. I found his realism and practicality very refreshing.
Essentially, his message is that there is no silver bullet. You have to want to change and then you have to work hard. I recommend this book even if you don't have weight to lose!
7 comments:
please mark me down for 3 miles today, Friday Feb 4th. thanx. i've reached the 40 mile marker.
I have finally got in another 3 miles!
I will have to check for this book from the library- sounds interesting. Since vacation is coming soon maybe I will get in some reading along with some more "hiking".
Amy
2/4 1.3 miles -Jess
I remember seeing this book ages ago but then forgot about it. It looked good.
2/5 2.1 miles -Jess
2/6 3.7 miles (70.1) -Jess
I didn't know he wrote a book. It sounds interesting! I'm having a really hard time right now staying committed to my goals- I could use a dose of inspiration.
Post a Comment