Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pulled out the paint.

In the home school department, I have got the March blahs.

In February we focused on the basics- math, reading, writing- and our mostly science Wednesdays at the neighbors. I am lucky, Nora has more passion for science than I do- so she has done a lot of experiments and activities related to science concepts. My niece Kellie came by on her spring break and did some awesome science experiments with them as well. (Have you ever put Mentos candy in pop? It makes a great geyser.) I know they are getting it (science) because as I was making no bake cookies yesterday, Ted told me that the chocolate mixture I was cooking up was more dense than the oatmeal that was in the bowl waiting to be mixed. I was impressed that he remembered what density was.

Back to the March blahs. Yesterday I hauled out the tempera paints. Sadie practiced her cursive writing and some spelling with paint and brush; the boys did some handwriting practice and math problems and writing with them as well. Then we took out q-tips and they practiced pointilism (remember Georges Seurat.) It was a good break from regular school work. The girls had fun making a mess too. Anyone have any advice about their hair? It is always a mess- the top front is still growing in and it comes forward.

3 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

do you use a leave-in conditioner? sometimes it has a little bit of hold, and you can comb the hair to the side when it is freshly washed. it probably wont stay that way, but it might help to look neater longer :)
diagonal parts.
i have some ribbon covered metal aligator clips with rubber grips. good for fine hair--light weight and don't break the hair.
personally, we rock wild hair in our house, and i like it.

Brita said...

These pics are treasures.

LJ said...

barrette to the side ....Good thing they got that great Jackola hair... welcome to club girls...