Saturday, July 25, 2009

Why I run.


Howdy there-
I am (still) feeling lazy about putting up pictures, so here is a random one for you.

Awhile ago, Miss A. asked me this question: "Why do you run?"
Back then I didn't really have any strong answers, but I have been thinking about it since.

I run because it's good for my mental health. I think it helps "destress" me.

I run for my physical health.

I run to get outdoors and appreciate the landscape we live in.

I run 'cause I like to visit with Miss A., my running buddy.

I run because I feel good afterwards. I like the sense of accomplishment that I don't always get from other parts of my life.

I run because I can. Some people can't. I am lucky.

Lately I have been wishing that I could run faster. And farther. And it doesn't feel so fun. I think I am in a running slump. Despite that, I still like to run.

Even if I go so slow.

4 comments:

EtudeinLight said...

Its funny how the reasons why we start running change to so much more. I like the rythem of this post.

MindiJo said...

I like your reasons. I think that about covers the reasons that I exercise.
One more: it's the only break I can always count on as a SAHM. (our gym has daycare)

Anonymous said...

Keep on keepin' on! That's awesome that you keep running if you're in a slump. I have a tendancy to find every excuse to not run when that happens. Hubby didn't get home til late, I just ate supper, if I go now I will have too much energy to sleep, maybe I'll just walk today, and the list goes on and on.
What time are you at with one mile? How far do you usually go?

ethiopifinn said...

i just felt like running, jenny.