Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Our livestock.

I am having a hard time concentrating on doing my township bookwork right now, so I went out with my camera and took some pictures instead. Here is Sadie with our littlest banty chick. If it turns out to be a female, I think we'll call her Precious. If it's a boy? Who knows.
This is a "teenage" meat bird. You can see they are getting their adult feathers. When they are fully feathered, we'll bring them outside for the rest of their life. They are healthier out there.
The girls enjoy watching the "chickies."
And they like to talk to the "calfies" too. These boys probably don't appreciate the girls' sweet talk as much as they should. Oh, pardon me, they aren't really boys anymore. Ron took care of that...that was a learning experience. If you want more info, go look up "Pioneer Woman" and "calf nuts."

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hey, I found Pioneer Woman a while ago myself. Isn't she entertaining?

Anonymous said...

Jan, you crack me up! :)