Sunday, June 7, 2009

The laundry monster and other tales.

Anyone else trying to tame a laundry monster at their house? I am. I work at it most days, but it's a huge monster, not willing to be tamed.

And then I move on to sick kids. Flu has started making it's rounds here, and it is using every last bit of my patience. And hubby is working nights this weekend, sleeping days. Which makes it all the funner around here. You should see this house!! Soda cracker crumbs everywhere- sick kids are allowed to eat anywhere, just so they'll eat a bit. And popsicle sticks. And everything else. Good thing we went to the library recently.

Plus, it has maxed out at 53 degrees over the last two days- good summer weather. I swear I am seeing a tinge of orange on the trees. Maybe we are just skipping summer this year. Going right into fall.

But, BUT, I am blowing this pop stand in less than 2 days!!!
I am outta here for like 5 days or so, without hubby or children- more details later...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! Garage saling perhaps?

Leanne said...

Ooh! Where are you going?

Hang in there; it sounds like it'll be worth the wait!

ethiopifinn said...

What? what a tease! What are you doing and where are you going? Something fun? That is the light at the end of your puke tunnel!

Anna said...

I think I already heard your secret, sounds like lots of fun!

Laundry monster? I have one of those. That pile has exploded. Again. And I'll hardly be home until Thursday. I dread to see it then.

Yvonne said...

here too, "welcome to october in june"
can't wait to hear about the five day reprieve

Sue said...

Can't wait to hear where you're heading...I thought the laundry monster only lived here!