Thursday, November 13, 2008

Such holiday spirit.

Yesterday we got a letter from our bank. As their way of saying "Thanks" for our business for the past year they are giving us an offer we can hardly resist (note, I am being sarcastic here.)

We can Skip-A-Payment on our loan for only a $25 extension fee. Kindly, they would simply add the skipped payment to end of our loan and extend our maturity date by one month.

Please note though, that interest will continue to accrue through the extended period and will increase the amount of your final payment.

They invite us to "Enjoy this special offer."

Come on, how dumb do they think we are? Am I out of line thinking that they are insulting our intelligence? We would do better with a free calendar or even a ballpoint pen. Maybe I should call the bank president...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

jan, if you call the bank president, would you please record it for me? i would *love* to hear the poor man get a dose of you!
~ann b.

MindiJo said...

I love it. You are funny. Sounds like you would be the one doing the favor.
What a thoughtful gift!

Elizabeth Halt said...

well .. when you realize how low the average reading level is in this country, you can see why they bother. Sad though.

I think you should ask for a $25 check since you're saving them all the effort of having to change around your loan!

Sharyn said...

hah! I like Elizabeth's idea!

Our bank does the same thing - but they don't sugarcoat it, and they don't charge $25 to do it. They, of course, keep accumulating interest. LOL

Becky said...

Wow Jan, what a deal...our bank charges $40~ I think I'll switch to yours! :)Becky