The season has begun. Levi got this buck opening morning. The neighbor (neighbor to other direction, not mom and dad) said that there aren't many deer around here; he hasn't seen much evidence and tracks lately. He is thinking it is because of mountain lions, or else timberwolves. We live in wild country. I don't know how others feel about deer hunting, but I know this- the deer are overpopulated (beyond our hills anyways) and I, for one, hate seeing so many along the roads. I just think if they are shot, they should be eaten. I don't mind venison- it is supposedly a healthy meat. It should not go to waste. And donate the hides, too, please.
6 comments:
I think that if they're shot and eaten, that's fine. I just couldn't shoot one myself. I rather want to pet the one in your photo. :)
it occurs to me that the food I feed Atlas consists primarily of raw venison, so I'd better not object to hunting deer, LOL
We've hit 5 btwn the two of us in this house since we moved into our house last may (~18 mos). So I am all for the hunting season - they do some rather expensive damage to vehicles.
My hubby is hunting around that area. Sounds like nobody is having any luck. Your theory must be correct.
My dad was up there this past weekend... I think its a good excuse for him (and others) to go back to the farm, sit in the woods, and have a cup of coffee in the evening with grandma. Its a good tradition, works well to control the deer population (and disease)...
Yay for deer hunting! If it didn't require getting up and hauling the kids to 'who-know's-where' in the early hours, I'd be there too...maybe.Oh, and I guess Bob K. did see a cougar during opening weekend!
Post a Comment