Yesterday I went skating twice on the lake. The first time, in late morning, the sun was shining and it was gorgeous. I forgot to bring my camera. Later, we went at dusk and took my camera, but it was getting a bit dark for pictures. So, hopefully more photos today. There is nothing like gliding across a windswept lake- a never ending ice rink. It is a rare chance to get a different perspective of the lake- so different from the liquid, moving surface that it is during the rest of the year. When there is snow, you can't see evidence of the lake, but right now there you can see down into the lake- see weeds etc. The sound of the ice, thumping and moaning, is like no other. The little snow patches you see in the photos do not hinder skating at all.
8 comments:
Driving by lakes the last few days has me aching to get out there and skate myself! (for once not prego or with a new babe a this time of year...:)
how fun!
I'm not sure I'd like to see down into the lake though. :)
while I'm standing on said lake, that is. ;-)
Awesome! The kids have been out on our pond now, which seems huge to them but they've never been on a lake. My skates don't fit anymore, sad to say, so it's just boot-gliding for me. ~marne
THis must be one of those 10,000 lakes we hear about? Beautiful pictures. BE CAREFUL!
my mom tells great stories of winter skating at the local pond....crack the whip, shoot-the-duck, bonfires, hot chocolate and laughter.
~ann b.
Sounds like fun!! We used to skate on our little pond behind our house all the time when we were kids. There's nothing like it in the winter time. It's been years though!
I *love* that bottom shot!!!
Post a Comment