Saturday, November 15, 2008

Christmas gifts on the cheap.

I have here a few ideas that I am utilizing this year.

My kids did not get new backpacks at the beginning of the school year. They got garage sale ones. One of the zippers already blew out (which can happen to a new one too!) I did this as part of a plan. Backpacks get deeply clearanced at this time of year, and it is really fun to get a new backpack in the middle of the school year. See, perfect Christmas gift! Yesterday I got 3 backpacks for around $4-5 each- originally $25-30. I have done the same thing with lunch bags.

I also bought some clearanced halloween candy that was not halloween themed. This candy does not expire until late next year. I plan to use the candy for future school parties or for in stockings.

3 comments:

MindiJo said...

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant. I really like your ideas.

Anonymous said...

I just bought a 5-lb bag of clearanced candy myself and was congratulating myself on a great stocking stuffer idea. I thought I hid it pretty good only to find my hubby and kids got a hold of it and ate over half in one evening. Grrr. Makes me wonder what other gifts they've discovered stashed away in our closetless home. ~marne

Anonymous said...

My youngest has backpack on her Christmas list. Never thought that it may be clearanced. I'll have to start looking.