The kids have been twitchy, and I have heard a lot of the "there's nothing to do" tune.
Playing outside in the snow has lost it's appeal, and I can understand.
I subscribe to the theory that the most creative ideas come when a kid is bored, and has to dream up something to do. And it seems that is when they play best with their siblings, too.
Like yesterday, when the Ted and Sam dragged out the cardboard and duct tape and made shields and other armor, plus cardboard swords.
Ted invited Lilah to sword fight with him, but quickly realized it wasn't much fun if she was getting hurt and wanted to quit. Plus her arms arms are shorter than his, so he wasn't having much chance to move defensively. So he took off his gear and gave it to Lilah.
She was a happy sister.
They proceeded to fight many duels around the living room.
By bedtime, there was shredded cardboard all over the floor.
Another favorite lately has been paper airplanes, we have lots of abandoned ones hanging in odd corners of the house.



1 comment:
I like it. You've got creative kids (no surprise there)!
Post a Comment