Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Willmar and walletless.

I am in Willmar today (and yesterday and tomorrow) for my Leadership Academy I am participating in through the U of M Extension program through my capacity as a 4-H leader. The group of about 25 of us are have varied backgrounds, but tied to the Extension program somehow.

I am learning leadership skills to hopefully use in role as a 4-H leader, but also in the other areas of my life as well. Today we learned about listening and asking questions.

We had fantastic burritos from Rosita's here in Willmar. Just a reference for anyone who comes this way. And we ate Greek food last night at Cafe Persopolis- authentic stuff. I thought it was good.

The only hang up with my time here is that I left my wallet at the grocery store the evening before I left, but did not realize it until I was over halfway here. So I am existing on a checkbook only, but have no ID, so most places don't want to take a check. I had to beg a gas station to take my check on the way here so I could keep driving. Will have to do the same on the way home. Otherwise, I haven't been spending any money, which isn't so bad.

Now I am going to hit the pool.

2 comments:

MindiJo said...

Oh, man! Good luck with that one. Good money saving tip, tho! ;)

Anonymous said...

You must of made it home ok. Hope it wasn't too much of a problem!
Patti