Thursday, October 11, 2012

For Grandma: Sadie in CC.

Here is Sadie in a recent junior high Cross County meet. It was very cold, and it even snowed at one point during the meet. Note the hat she is wearing- she sewed it at 4-H sewing workshop a couple of weeks ago- it was easy to spot her in the race with that hat. The race is two miles.

Today she had her last meet for the season as a 6th grader.

On the way home, I asked her what she learned or gained from cross country this year, and she said she learned she can get faster at running, and she learned what it was like to be a part of a team. She has been very enthusiastic about the team part during the season.

Sounds like it was worthwhile.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds good, Sadie!
~ann b.

MindiJo said...

Good for her! I wish that my parents had put more emphasis on exercise and sports when I was young. I enjoy it so much now.

Yvonne said...

you go girl!!

sara said...

Besides the team I bet that she loves that you were there to cheer for her and take pictures. Pictures are priceless