Saturday, September 1, 2012

Sinking in.

I heard difficult news about a friend tonight...and I am struggling to comprehend it.
I heard my friend has cancer, but I am not sure about the details, as news travels unevenly.

Suddenly my petty struggles and frustrations of the day melted away- so unimportant.
The "big picture" comes into view, I am given a new lens to look through.

I feel the burning behind the eyes, of tears, as I try to fathom the news.

It makes my heart feel raw.

4 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

Jan,
That's awful. Hugs to you and prayers for your friend.

Brita said...

Well written. Lots of love!

MindiJo said...

I know what you mean.

Anonymous said...

I dont come here often and pry have never commented. But your pain and "new lenses" match mine, so in more ways than one, we walk together! Love & God's peace! Amy isaacson