Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Points of interest after state dog show.



  • Sadie and I spent the weekend together, with Jasper, in St. Paul. 
  • The two competed in the 4-H State Dog Show. They did well, and I am very proud of Sadie. She has learned so much and grown so much since we did this last year. 
  • The pair won a Reserve Champion ribbon in obedience, blues in showmanship and agility, and a red in rally. She was in the callbacks for showmanship. Sadie gave me permission to share that with my readers. 
  • In addition to the dog show, we visited the Como Park Conservatory again this year. We took in a display of bonsai trees; Sadie was fascinated. We ended up purchasing a book on growing bonsai in the gift shop- she read it on the way home. She has found a new hobby.
  • We also met Ann and Sonja at the Mall of America. We visited the American Girl store and Sadie rode her first roller coaster. 
  • I was ready to throw the GPS out the window. Give me a map any day. 
  • I noticed there were no chihuahuas at the dog show. I am thinking this indicates they are not smart or obedient enough to compete. Sorry if you are a chihuahua lover. 
  • The photo above is another girl from our county. I hide when Sadie competes, so Jasper isn't focused on me. It's not worth the risk of distracting him.
  • They spend a lot of time training for agility for ONE minute in the ring. That's all they get- one shot at it. And hopefully it's faster than a minute!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Good job Sadie (and Jasper)!

ethiopifinn said...

Way to go, girl!

Chihuahuas are rats. Noisy rats.