I think today's the day for bullets to catch up on the goings on around here.
- The neighbor's chest freezer went kaput yesterday. It's been a fixture in the porch as long as I can remember. You grandkids know what I am talking about. I am going freezer shopping today, they will get our used upright that T & L gave us. Smaller and accessible. Will be tossing thawed food today over there.
- Sadie got two blue ribbons on her sewing project- she sewed a clown costume. We've been slaving over it for a couple of weeks. Sure brought back memories of when I was the 4-Her and mom was teaching me to sew. Thanks Mom, for putting up with me. I am getting it in return now...I forgot my camera on judging day, I will get photos of her in it at the fair. We were just lucky to be there with the completed costume and accessories. All the other moms there were wiping their brows' too.
- I am getting back into doing some graphic design work. Worked on a brochure this week, and I am really excited about it. Plus, it was so fun!! I am quitting my fun job (with the oldies) to accommodate this, which is sad. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time there, having fun with the oldies. I have been going there for over seven years, except some time off when I had the twins. I hope to go visit sometimes.
- I am going to be part of a Leadership Academy put on by the MN Extension- part of the U of M. I will be doing webinars online, visiting communities in the state, visiting the capitol and taking a five day trip to Washington DC in the spring. I am going through my capacity as a 4-H volunteer, and also my involvement in the community as a township clerk. It should be interesting.
2 comments:
Good for you, getting back into the graphic design game! That's awesome. I wish you the best with that.
Whew. Huge changes. Just catching up on your blog after our vacation. Sounds like a good visit is in order so I can learn all about your new travels!!
~ann b.
Post a Comment