It always surprises me when people remember my birthday. I am not good about birthdays, with the exception of my kids. (Like my mom always tells me on my birthday- "I was there!")
I got some really nice cards in the mail and Sadie had Ron buy me a new pot. It was very thoughtful of her, as my old one had been missing it's handle for months.
I also attended a nice brunch at my sister's and then I had my residents make me birthday cards. P. was trying so hard to sign her name and it bugged her how shaky it was until I told her that it was the first ever birthday card I'd gotten from a 101 yr. old. Then she beamed. Like I said, I am not shy- having them make me cards- I could only get away with it there : )
One last little story about my birthday. Two days ago I was in the store and I wanted to spend some birthday cash on some nice lotion or such for myself. Which is kind of uncharacteristic for me anyways, but the really funny thing is that I ended up picking out a wrinkle removing eye cream! How ironic is that. I guess I want to try look 29 (haha) forever.
4 comments:
Happy belated birthday, Jan! Glad it was a good one. By the way, thanks for the coffee call...as you might have guessed, we were not home.
Happy Birthday to you Jan!
The Second Photo Is So Great! it shows your not-shyness:)
Happy Birthday, Pretty lady.
Happy very belated birthday Jan. I love your rooster photo above!
Post a Comment