Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cont. from Last Post.

(Somehow it wouldn't work on the last post with the photo. I moved it here so you can read it.)

This is the northernmost section of the trail. The SHT reaches its highest elevation, 1829 feet, on this section. Overlooks of Jackson Lake and the Upper Swamp River drainage are highlights.

This is remote country, yet with significant logging in the northern half. It is also not wilderness.

Section

Note on the map you can jump right on the Kekakabic trail and hike to Ely, MN from here. And then jump in your canoe and paddle the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, right?

Unfortunately, I am once again dealing with bulging disc issues, so I have not being doing any exercise. Yesterday I had X-rays taken, so we'll see what results we get from that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The SHT acronym, depending on your day, may be derogatory.......
~ann b.

Anonymous said...

2 more miles! I will finish this yet....Jess

Julie said...

Hope the disc issues resolve! Thinking of you.