Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ultimate compliment.

Last night Ron and I took Sadie and Sam to a concert. Curtis and Loretta entertained and educated us with history and music of Minnesota.

Sometime during the second half, both Ron and I witnessed Sam so engrossed in watching them play and sing he almost fell of his folding chair. I panicked for half a second until he caught himself and repositioned his bottom farther back on the chair. Afterwards I mentioned it to Curtis, and he said it was the "ultimate compliment."

Both kids said they liked the history best, but really enjoyed the music. I think they enjoyed seeing all the different instruments being played: harp, mandocello, ukelele, celeste, harmonica and spoons made of buffalo horn, among others.

With the risk of being repetitive, I will once again say that the programs funded by the Cultural Heritage Fund of MN are so worth attending. We have enjoyed quite a few in the last year and a half, and all have them have been interesting, entertaining and educational all at once. Take the opportunity to attend one in the near future!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

4/3 2.9 miles -Jess

Anonymous said...

we went to a concert here in town. i had to listen to "mom, WHEN will this be done???!!!" for the whole time. little pests.
~ann b.