Today I took my bike out for 10 miles.
I love biking. I can smell the smells, feel the wind, hear the sounds and see the sights.
Like the pair of trumpeter swans I scared up today. I heard their wings beating on the water as the took off. The smell of a freshly stirred manure pit. Throaty frog calls. Open water, finally.
It took lots of patience to churn through the loose gravel with my road tires.
Freedom- the wind in my face.
7 comments:
ahhhh-awesome!!
i agree wholeheartedly! we're still waiting to go riding...
get out our bikes and ride!! you can't get those same thrills with a vehicle!! :)
Sounds heavenly. We watch the swans on Prairie Lake and it's always a treat to see them in flight.
4/29 4 miles on the heartland trail. The weather was just perfect today. 68 degrees, sunny, little bit of wind. I've only taken the bike out once so far...gotta finish the hiking! Jess
4/30 2.1 miles -Jess
5/1 Happy May Day! 2.1 miles -Jess
Post a Comment