Friday, May 14, 2010

Do I dare mention...?

That we ate roadkill today?

It is not as bad as it sounds. Ron hit a grouse not too far from home, so he took the meat and I cooked it up for lunch. Tasted fine.

I happened to buy a pasta/sauce kit thing yesterday at the grocery store on a fluke (I don't normally buy those) which called for one pound of chicken breast. The three oldest weren't home so it was the perfect amount for the rest of us.

Chicken Picatta (Grouse Piccata.) It was fine, except the sauce was too salty. We couldn't taste any difference between chicken and grouse. It probably had more texture than those mushy chicken breasts you buy at the store, but we are used to texture from our home-grown chickens.

4 comments:

MindiJo said...

ROFL. Seriously?! That's a riot. I wouldn't have been so brave. But then again, grouse killed the normal way still doesn't sound appealing.

Anonymous said...

GROSS!! (but then I am NOT that brave)...What a neat idea for survival in an economy-going-to- pot world!!

Julie said...

Lol! That is 1 part hilarious and 2 parts brave. Good for you!

Yvonne said...

hey, that would be a good name for a blog "ONE PART HILARIOUS, TWO PARTS BRAVE."