Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cross Country meet.

On Tuesday, the older kids and I went to a cross country meet. We went to cheer on my nieces, friends and Miss A, my running buddy.
Here they are at the starting lineup. We are cheering for the gold and black- the Warriors. All excited to get the race started. It was a cold and very damp day. I was dressed in rain gear and mud boots. The ground was very squishy and wet.
And they are off! I will apologize now for the quality of photos. I was trying to cheer and keep warm as well as taking photos. And they are running by- I wasn't so quick.

Early on in the race. They are still looking pretty energetic, the runners are pretty close together. You can't appreciate how hard cross country is until you go and watch a meet.
Much farther in the race- Jennie is gaining on the gal in front of her. This is the tough part- they can't see the finish line here, but they are nearing it. Running is such a mental sport. Your mind can drag your unwilling body along, but your body cannot drag an unwilling mind.

There goes Jill. Look, her feet aren't even touching the ground! : ) She is flying...

Good job girls- I had fun watching your race.

We also watched Kyle run.
This is Kyle's first year out for Cross Country.Kyle and sis Lolly. Kyle is her youngest.

It was fun to watch everyone run, but it is more fun to run myself. I am debating about training for a half marathon next May. I need a goal- and this would be a big one. I have not totally decided yet...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fargo? Jenny, Alison, Lindsey, and I will probably run it. Lots of fun :)

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

How fun! Half marathon would be such a great accomplishment. Go Kyle! I bet he is a fast runner!

Anonymous said...

I watched my first CC meet last year. It was a lot funner than I expected. I wish I had your drive to do a major run. There is a local 5K happening in umm...15 minutes; I was determined to run it, but this last week totally bogged out on the idea. :P