I have been spending more time in the kitchen recently. A lot of the time has been spent dealing with the last of the garden produce, which will pretty much be done now that we had our first frost.
In the past couple of days I have roasted cherry tomatoes, frozen green peppers, made fresh corn chowder, picked and cooked up green beans and worked on using the last of the summer squash. We still have a bunch of winter spaghetti squash growing amongst the corn stalks that needs to be picked.
I threw some cucumber slices in a jar of leftover pickle juice- refrigerator pickles- idea courtesy of George T. (Ann's dad.) They were good.
I have also baked up some homemade granola and made several batches of Laura K.'s banana oatmeal pancakes.
After several years of cooking home butchered chickens, I actually ventured to cut one up into pieces to use in other ways than just baking it.
All this action has resulted in a lot of dishes. Uggghhh.
4 comments:
you're welcome....courtesy of Geo T.
i've been busy with produce also. my neighbor gave me a huge bucket o' tomatoes, so i've been freezing those, and i got berries in there, and shredded zucchini....i'm feeling good about it.
~ann b.
lots of dishes, but so many yummy dishes in the deep winter woods!
Wow, Jan! I'm impressed! Everything sounds wonderful. (Ugh those dishes! I let mine go for more than a week a couple times this summer :|>
love the field trip idea. that is way cool.
I better see you soon! hopefully later today!
You won't even remember those dishes by the time you start using all that good food this winter. And saving the green. I love it.
Post a Comment