We traveled on a budget. We found a free campground of about 5 sites next to this creek. It was beautiful, near town (Big Timber), felt safe (important to me) and had a very nice, clean pit toilet. The little boy was fishing when we pulled up. We had a listing of public campgrounds across MT, that's how we found this one. When we got up in the morning, we found mountains that had been covered by clouds the night before. 
I was traveling with my niece who just graduated from high school. This was her first time west of Fargo, and first time seeing mountains. It was fun to see everything through her fresh eyes- I teased her about how many times she said "...it's so pretty!" It also reminded me of how "green" I was too when I was that age. I made my first trip west the summer after I graduated from high school.
8 comments:
i miss this! great pics!
Just had to come back after the grocery shopping. Did you feel weird being away from your family? I cried after we dropped our kids off at my sissy's when we went to Duluth. For a long time. But then I totally enjoyed the weekend. This would be such a replenishing trip for my head. How do you feel now that you are back into the thick of it? Even though I am such a city slicker, I heart camping, I heart the wild west, and I heart your blog!!!!!
It is "so pretty"! I love it, the mountains look so vivid.
Beautiful! looks like you had a good time!
So glad that you got this trip for yourself. How fun. Looks beautiful. And I bet your an even better mommy for it.
What an awesome view to wake up to!
It's my dream to see the mountains someday.
Awww- ho beautiful. The thrill neve ends of seeing nature's beauty! :) And who'da guessed that ND has a NP? I actually was shocked driving through the eastern part of ND seeing the terrain. Free campsites are THE BEST. Can alreay think of a few times that that has proved true.
One of the summers I spent in AK ith my cousin Katie, we camped in front of Mt. Denali/Mckinley or the biggest little mtn that we THOUGHT was "the one" only to wake up in the morning ith the top of the Mt McKinley towering over everything else. One of the most breathtaking memories.
blah,blah,blah I will stop now.
:)
Love your MT stories. And all your stories.
Jen
jdsgljk excuse my spelling.
Post a Comment