I never anticipated how exciting goldfish could be. On Saturday the kids and I swung by the thrift store, and found a fishbowl with lots of accessories and goldfish food for $3.25. Later Ron and I picked up a couple of goldfish- 38 cents each. The excitement? Priceless. The kids named them, surprise!, Goldy (the smaller one) and Golden (the bigger one.) They can't wait to clean out the bowl so they can redecorate with some of the other fake foliage that came with the ensemble.
4 comments:
I highly recommend an algae eater. It saves you from cleaning the tank so much.
i like this photo. is that sam?
~ann b.
it is Sam. Mindi- can you put algae eaters with goldfish? Sounds like something we need.
Cute tank/fish!
I do not recommend an algae eater with your goldfish. They are expensive (around $3 a piece). We bought two, and they both died within a week. Turns out they need a pretty specific water temp, and our tank (as yours, I'm sure) is not temperature controlled. They look nasty, too:)
Also, goldfish need lots of space to survive, so don't be surprised if only one lives for an extended period of time! We bought several, and all except 1 died within a couple weeks. That one then lived for over a year because it had enough space!
Post a Comment