I'll just state my beef right up front:Ron spent a night in a motel by himself last night. You'd think he'd come home rested, right? Well apparently he did not get much sleep, since the TV kept him up late. Umm, he chose to stay up and watch television. And then he has the nerve to come home tired and cranky. I went out for a walk on snowshoes to get some air, and when I got back, he was napping. Not tending to the children, not picking up the house, not making supper like I had hoped. And he can't understand why I am crabby about it. I was not crabby until I came in to see him napping. The snowshoeing was great.
I was enamored with all the shadows on the snow.Well, I felt like I had survived the blizzard so well. I didn't even have any meltdowns while I was stuck in my shoebox (that's what I call this place- it's shaped like one, and it feels like one sometimes) isolated for two days straight. Without any other adults to talk too, except on the phone. I tell you, this is a feat for me. I don't know why, but this type of thing has been challenging for me ever since having kids. And it is not because I am nervous to stay alone. It's just I have a low tolerance for kids bawling and fighting and whining.
So I thought I did so well, and I made it by removing all expectations of myself today. I just let myself do what it took to survive. Apparently Ron doesn't really appreciate this. He's busy being defensive about the TV thing by saying he's wishing the house was clean, etc...
Really. So here I am, airing my marital frustration here. Hope you don't mind. Maybe you can relate...
9 comments:
Oooh... I can completely relate! I know right where you're coming from some days. Good for you that you got out to snowshoe anyways! Looks enjoyable.
i'm right with you on the low tolerance for kids bawling, whining, etc. Darrel is gone tonight, tomorrow night, friday night and saturday for broadcasting. it's wednesday evening and i'm going insane. these are the lowest points of my motherhood days. i can't handle one evening! aargh!
~ann b.
Boy, oh boy, do I understand! My wish for you is to escape for a day (or whole weekend?)yourself.
Not to rub salt on the wound, but I was thisclose to completely loosing it with winter/kids/bawling until I had some time to myself last weekend. 'Tis a cure, me time. Here's hoping for spring!
Boy, oh boy, do I understand! My wish for you is to escape for a day (or whole weekend?)yourself.
Not to rub salt on the wound, but I was thisclose to completely loosing it with winter/kids/bawling until I had some time to myself last weekend. 'Tis a cure, me time. Here's hoping for spring!
I don't understand. Oh, Ron works so hard. I know! When he gets home from work have the house all clean, supper ready, you're all spruced up and greet him with a smile! Boy he will be happy.(works for me) I think it would anyway.
ajp
I'm sorry.... I hate feeling the way you're feeling right now.
I don't think Mark has to do housework...but I know I really appreciate it when he does pitch in! Count your blessings if Ron cooks supper. :) Most guys don't...
I hope your day is going better.
I get what you are saying about the sleep thing. Seriously, if you have a chance to have a full, peaceful night of sleep and you blew it- I'd say that's your own problem. Nobody else should suffer.
I'm pretty sure many of us have felt similar, if it makes you feel any better.
I bet it felt good to get that off of your chest.
Jan,
Oooooh, that would irk me big time.
Day 3 of dishes piling up. I told him it's about time he takes a turn.
I had to go on a therapeutic run in the freezing rain today to keep my sanity. Then tanning. Feels a bit better. I really do empathize and feel your frustration.
Hope you feel better soon. Jen
Post a Comment