Monday, March 23, 2009

The fishes.

I finished up the project I have been working on with Sam's kindergarten class. For their unit on ocean life, we made fish. The students cut open paper bags and drew large fish on them, cut them out and then traced and cut out a second one also. We then stapled and stuffed these fish. Today the class painted the fish. Aren't they cool? I am impressed with how they turned out. It was a fun opportunity to do a little art "teaching"- I led the project from start to finish. The photo on top is my "star" student with his creation.

I enjoy the variety- even though they all made fish, they are so different. I am also proud of how economical the project was- donated paper bags, staples and tempera paint. Making art doe

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the fish. kids are so colorful in their choices, hey? adults lose some of that, and go all "realistic".
~ann b.

ethiopifinn said...

i love the variety of color choices and patterns!

Becca said...

what a fun project! Sam's teacher is lucky to have a talented parent like yourself to help out in class!

Yvonne said...

very cute.
no grass is growing under your feet!

Anonymous said...

Those are very cool! I think you just gave me a project idea to do with my kids.. they'll love it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan! I saw these last night and we made them right away, because Nathan had a science/are project due and I was sweating about what to do with him! Thanks! It was really fun to see him so happy to do a project at home with mom and dad. Here's a link to our photo's! http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2018187&id=1343846907&l=da64b01add
Love,
Kathleen