Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Thoughts on a movie star.

I rarely pay attention to movie stars, much less think about them when they die, but when I heard Robin Williams died from suicide, I did stop to think.

My immediate, uncensored thought was "someone who has succeeded at his trade and has every resource at his disposal can suffer from depression, too."

I am not sure where this leaves me, except sober. It is sobering that nobody is immune from depression- it doesn't matter what your life status is, how full you wallet is or that you have top notch health care.

At the same time, I feel relieved to again realize that depression doesn't mean I am just lazy or weak.
It affirms why I work to keep as mentally healthy as I can.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Similar thoughts to what I was thinking. Tough world.
~Ann B.